This Snickerdoodle Chex Muddy Buddies Recipe has all the delicious cinnamon sugar flavors of the classic cookie in an easy snack mix. Perfect to enjoy for the holidays or snacking on the weekends.
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
Who doesn’t love all the different flavor combinations of Chex Mix? I often reach for salty flavor snacks like Cheesy Chex Mix and Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix but this Snickerdoodle Chex Mix has me hooked. It really does taste like the cookie but is so much easier to make with just a few ingredients like Chex cereal, white chocolate, and the secret ingredient- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread. This snack mix is an absolute must-have for movie nights, parties, holidays, and to add to cookie trays.
- Chex Cereal– Rice Chex is tasty in this recipe since it’s more sweet but you could use corn as well.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread– This amazing little spread tastes so fantastic! You will likely find it near the peanut butter aisle in grocery stores.
- White Chocolate– Any brand of white chocolate will taste good to coat the cereal. You could also substitute with almond bark or baking chips for a similar taste.
- Ground Cinnamon– Just a little cinnamon in the powdered sugar gives it so much flavor.
- Confectioners Sugar– Also known as powdered sugar, this helps coat the cereal and keep the chocolate filling inside.
*See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions and a list of ingredients.
How To Make Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies
- Prep the cereal: Pour the Chex cereal into a very large bowl. You’ll need this to hold 6 cups worth of cereal and also be able to stir it around.
- Prep the coating: Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon to a gallon-size freezer bag and shake to mix all together.
- Melt chocolate spread: Microwave the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread and white chocolate in a medium bowl. I’ve found that microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, then microwaving in 15-second increments until melted helps prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Mix: Pour the chocolate spread over the Chex cereal and stir it well until all the cereal is coated. Then pour into the freezer bag of powdered sugar and shake to cover the cereal. It will take several shakes to get it all coated. Enjoy!
This snack mix is really easy to switch up. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Add some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for a burst of flavor.
- Try using Crispix cereal or Cinnamon Chex instead of Rice Chex.
- Sprinkle in some nuts like peanuts or almonds.
- Add in mix-ins like M&M’s, chocolate candies, marshmallows, or sprinkles.
- Use any flavor of melting chocolate like semi-sweet, dark, milk, or even almond bark.
To store: Allow it to completely cool and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze: This can be made ahead and frozen in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. It tastes really yummy cold too!
More Delicious Snack Recipes
Snickerdoodle Chex Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread
- Add Chex cereal to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add powdered sugar and ground cinnamon to a gallon-size freezer bag and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add white chocolate chips and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then continue to microwave in 15-second increments until melted.
- Pour chocolate spread over the Chex cereal and gently stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Pour the cereal into the freezer bag, seal, and shake until all the powdered sugar has coated the cereal. Enjoy!
- Add any mix-ins like M&M’s or nuts after it is covered in powdered sugar.
- Try not to overheat the white chocolate. Cook until it is almost melted and then stir to finish melting.
- Almond bark can be substituted for white chocolate chips.