Best Greek 7-Layer Dip
The Best Greek 7-Layer Dip is a deliciously easy Mediterranian appetizer made with hummus, tzatziki, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and green onions. Serve with pita chips or pretzels for the ultimate party dip!
Creamy greek dip
This Greek 7-Layer Dip is a delicious twist on the traditional 7-layer dip party food with fresh ingredients like cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives. Plus there’s no cooking required and it only takes a few minutes to assemble a perfect appetizer.
Why you will love this recipe
Very tasty and healthy!
Only a few simple ingredients are needed.
Delicious with pita chips or pretzels.
No cooking or baking is required.
- Hummus– creamy flavorful hummus is the base ingredient for this dip. Any flavor of store-bought or homemade hummus will work for this recipe. Popular flavors include Red Roasted or Garlic.
- Tzatziki sauce– this can be found in the deli section of the grocery store. You can also use plain Greek Yogurt as an easy substitute.
- Kalamata olives– these olives have a nice strong flavor but regular black olives or green olives would taste good as well. They will need to be pitted and sliced.
- Feta cheese
- Green onions
This dip is so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Layer the ingredients- in the bottom of a pie pan or 11×7-inch glass pan, evenly layer with hummus first, then tzatziki, chopped cucumber, diced tomatoes, and olives. Then sprinkle feta cheese all over the top finishing with sliced green onions.
- Enjoy– serve with pita chips, crackers, or pretzels on the side.
This Greek Dip is best when served within 2-3 hours or being assembled since the cucumbers tend to become watery the longer they sit. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep in mind, it will be runny due to the cucumbers and tomatoes but will still taste good!
Frequently asked questions
This Greek Dip is best when served within 2-3 hours of being assembled since the cucumbers start to become runny once cut.
Any flavor of hummus would work well in this 7-Layer Greek Dip. Some of the most popular choices are Garlic and Roasted Red Pepper.
* Leftovers can be stored covered in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
* Serve with crispy pita chips, pretzels, or carrot chips.
More delicious appetizers
- Cranberry Feta Pinwheels with Cream Cheese– a festive appetizer that is full of sweet and savory flavors.
- Veggie Ranch Pizza Pinwheels– have all the delicious flavors of a veggie pizza rolled up in a tortilla and are loaded with fresh vegetables and a creamy ranch spread.
- Easy Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs– creamy avocados, paired with hard-boiled eggs, and topped with crispy bacon are a tasty crowd-pleaser for any holiday or party.
Best Greek 7-Layer Dip
- 10 ounce container hummus
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce or plain greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced and pitted
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- In a 7×11-inch glass pan or pie pan, evenly layer with hummus, tzatziki, cucumber, tomatoes, and olives. Then sprinkle with Feta cheese and green onions over the top.
- Serve with pita chips or pretzels. Enjoy!