This Valentine Sweet and Salty Snack Mix is a fun and easy snack for everyone to enjoy during the festive season. Each bite is sweet and salty with Cheerios, pretzels, marshmallows, Goldfish Grahams, and M&M’s, making it the perfect snack to share with family or take to school.
Is there anything more deliciously addictive than a sweet and salty snack mix? My kids go crazy for anything with M&M’s or marshmallows. So of course, this Valentine Sweet and Salty Snack Mix has both! It also has a little salty flavor from the pretzels and sweetness from the berry-flavored Cheerios and Goldfish Grahams that taste similar to graham crackers.
Plus it’s so simple to make- just mix it all together! Absolutely no cooking or baking required! Just combine it all together in a large bowl to enjoy or scoop it into individual cello bags to make an adorable snack mix gift! This mix is so festive with all the colors of Valentine’s Day- red, pink, and white!
Very Berry Cheerios– these Cheerios bring a sweet fruity flavor and are a pretty pink/purple color. Any flavor of Cheerios could be swapped like strawberry, frosted, or plain.
Mini pretzel twists– this brings some much needed saltiness to the snack mix. Any shape of pretzels could work like sticks or XO shapes.
Goldfish Vanilla Cupcake flavor– these cute goldfish are sweet instead of the traditional salty flavor. They taste very similar to a teddy graham, which would be an easy substitute if you are not able to find this flavor.
M&M’s– the Cupid’s Mix has the festive colors of red, pink, and white.
There are so many ways to switch up this snack mix to suit your tastes. Also, if you are not able to find something at the store- don’t panic. Easily switch it up with something similar to enjoy a delicious snack.
A few mix in ideas are:
- Nuts- all types of salty or candied nuts like peanuts, almonds, or walnuts would be taste great in this!
- Cereal- so many different cereals would work with this recipe. Try switching out the Cheerios for Chex or Golden Grahams.
- M&M’s- plain M&M’s are my personal favorite but there are so many varieties now like peanut, almond, caramel, or peanut butter. If you need it peanut-free, replace the M&M’s with chocolate chips.
- Goldfish- the Cupcake flavored Golfish may be difficult to find. Easily swap this out with regular or chocolate Teddy Grahams for a sweet option or regular Goldfish or a salty option.
This mix is so festive that it’s perfect to set out in a large bowl for everyone to munch on. Store the leftover snack mix in an air-tight container or storage bag, such as Ziplock, to prevent the snack mix from becoming stale. The mini marshmallows will harden quickly. Add more fresh marshmallows after a day or two to keep it soft and enjoyable.
More snack ideas
Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix is a zippy, crunchy mix that is addictively delicious and easy to make!
Fall Harvest Caramel Corn Mix is another sweet and salty no-bake mix with caramel corn, pretzels, and peanut butter chocolate pieces in each bite.
Puppy Chow Cereal Snack is an addictive mix with melted chocolate and peanut butter throughout a crunchy cereal covered in powdered sugar.
Valentine Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- 2 cups Very Berry Cheerios
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup Goldfish Grahams Vanilla Cupcake
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&M's- Cupid's Mix
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Serve and enjoy!
- Store mix in an air-tight container or storage bag for up to 2 weeks.
- For a peanut-free option, replace the M&M’s with chocolate chips.
I would love to hear from you! Please tag me @whiskfulcooking on Instagram & Facebook or leave a comment and rating below!