This Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe is the perfect snack for the holiday season. Only 3 simple ingredients are needed and this delicious treat is ready to enjoy with friends and family.
Easy Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Every holiday season I’m looking for the easiest festive treats to make for my cookie and candy trays that I give out each year. Emphasis on the word easy because I make so many, I need recipes with few ingredients and steps. Some of my favorites include Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bark, Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies, and Oreo Popcorn. These are the desserts that seem to be popular every year.
Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzels are the perfect addition to cookie trays or to snack on throughout the season. They have the best combination of salty and crunchy pretzels covered in sweet chocolate. Plus the sprinkles on top give them such a festive look. They are versatile enough to add to snack mixes or to enjoy all on their own. A classic treat everyone can enjoy and share this holiday.
- Pretzels– Mini pretzel twists are my go-to shape since they are classic and easy to find. Square or circle shapes will work just as well.
- Almond Bark– Any brand of almond bark, Candiquik, or candy melts will taste good to coat the pretzels. I mixed it up with chocolate and vanilla for the pictures.
*See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions and a list of ingredients.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Melt the chocolate: Microwave the white almond bark in a medium bowl. I’ve discovered that microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, then microwaving in 15-second increments until it’s almost all melted helps prevent it from burning. Then stir until it is all melted and creamy.
- Dip the pretzels: Dip each pretzel in the chocolate and then scoop it out with a fork. Tap off the excess chocolate and place it on parchment paper or wax paper.
- Sprinkle: Immediately top each pretzel with sprinkles. Allow it to dry and then enjoy!
There are a lot of ways to switch up these pretzels. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Try using different flavors of melting chocolate like Mint, Strawberry, or Caramel.
- Sprinkle on some nuts like crushed peanuts.
- Drizzle some melted peanut butter over the top.
- Top with crushed candies like Butterfinger or Heath.
- Mix into a Puppy Chow for a yummy snack mix.
One the the best parts about this snack is that it can be made so far in advance. Allow it to completely cool and store it in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to one month.
More Easy Snack Recipes
Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup almond bark or melting chocolate (around 4 squares)
- 2 teaspoons sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- Melt the almond bark by microwaving in a medium bowl for 30 seconds, stir, then continue to microwave in 15-second increments until almost melted. Continue to stir until fully melted.
- Dip each pretzel in the chocolate with a fork and tap off any excess chocolate. Place on the baking sheet.
- Immediately top with sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to firm up for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!