Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix
This super-addictive Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix recipe is the best go-to snack mix with zippy ranch and spicy hot sauce that is perfect for game days, holiday parties, or for your next movie marathon!
Chex Mix is my go-to favorite snack mix but I was thinking of switching it up a little bit. Enter Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix. It’s savory, it’s spicy, it’s ADDICTIVE! Plus it’s super easy to make. And since my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is such a hit in my house, it’s no surprise this doesn’t last long at all.
How to make it
To summarize, all you have to do is:
COMBINE– chex, bugles, pretzels, & cheese crackers in a large bowl
MIX– melted butter, hot sauce, & ranch seasoning
POUR– over snack mix
STIR– until all is combined. Take a few minutes to really make sure every piece is coated. It will taste so much better!
PLACE– on two baking sheets. I use two sheets to make sure that the mix is spread out in a single layer. If too many pieces are on top of each other, they don’t bake evenly and get a little soggy.
BAKE– for 1 hour. Every 15 minutes, you’ll want to be sure to take it out and stir it so that it doesn’t burn. Then rotate the baking sheets in the oven so they also bake evenly.
STORE– covered at room temperature for up to 4 weeks (although it’s never made it past a few days in my house).
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions.
FRANK’S HOT SAUCE
RANCH SEASONING– be sure this is the dry seasoning, not the bottle of ranch dressing.
There are lots of different variety options for this recipe. Add more or eliminate anything to make it your own. Sometimes I like to sprinkle a little extra ranch seasoning about halfway through just to give it a little extra punch! If I’m making this for my kids, I’ll reduce the hot sauce just a little so it’s not too spicy.
A few mix-in ideas are:
- wheat or rice chex
- plain cheerios
- white cheddar, garlic, or plain crackers
Is chex mix freezer friendly?
Surprisingly it is! Allow the mix to cool completely and then place in an air-tight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Keep in mind that if the mix is too hot when freezing, it will accumulate condensation and the mix will become soggy- boo. Not nearly as enjoyable to eat without the crunch.
Use two baking sheets while baking to be sure the mix is spread out evenly in one layer. This helps prevent burning.
Rotate the pans every 15 minutes to also prevent burning.
Allow the mix to cool for at least 10 minutes. This will help the flavors pop more. Also, it will help you from burning your mouth.
Add or subtract anything to make it your own. You’ll just want to be sure you have 14 cups total of dry mix.
It’s so addictive!
Easy to make!
Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix
- 5 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Bugles
- 3 cups pretzel mini twists
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsp ranch dry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly greased alluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, add Chex cereal, Bugles, Pretzels, and cheese crackers. In a separate small bowl, whisk butter, hot sauce, and ranch seasoning. Pour sauce over snack mix. Stir thorougly until every piece is coated. Distribute the snack mix into the two baking sheets so that it is spread out into a single layer.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Every 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Rotate baking sheets if they are on two different racks.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes at room temperature. Store at room temperature in an air tight container. Enjoy!
- stir and rotate baking sheets every 15 minutes to prevent burning
- allow to cool at least 10 minutes before eating
- allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container to prevent sogginess
- store in room temperature up to 4 weeks and freeze up to 6 months