This Crock Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe has the perfect blend of spice and cream with hot sauce, bites of savory chicken, and sweet corn in a delicious soup. All the flavors of chicken wings without all the work!
Best Buffalo Chicken Soup
Buffalo chicken wings have some of the best flavors with the savory chicken coated in a spicy hot sauce. While I have discovered one of the easiest ways to make wings with my Air Fryer Buffalo BBQ Chicken Wings recipe, it still does take a little work and can be quite messy.
This Buffalo Chicken Soup has all the delicious flavors of regular wings but without all the hassle. Just combine the ingredients and let the Crock Pot do all the work. In just a few hours, the house will be filled with the savory, spicy aroma of chicken wings. Shred the chicken, stir in the cream cheese, and enjoy a warm and delicious bowl of comfort.
- Chicken– The easiest way to make this recipe is with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Chicken thighs would work well too but will be a bit more savory.
- Hot Sauce– I use Frank’s Hot Sauce in this recipe. While Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce could also be used, it is a bit milder, so more may be needed to taste the spice.
- Diced Green Chiles– These add a little extra kick. Feel free to leave them out to keep it milder.
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes– They add a nice smoky flavor to the soup. Regular or petite diced tomatoes are a good substitute.
- White beans– Cannellini, Great Northern, or Navy beans would all work well in this soup.
- Ranch seasoning– The mix of hot sauce and ranch gives it an incredible flavor.
- Cream cheese– This is the key ingredient to make this dish creamy. It tones down the spice while making it rich and very creamy.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and celery salt– Adjust these to your taste.
- Chicken broth
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Soup
This soup is so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Add ingredients to the Crock Pot- Add chicken, hot sauce, chiles, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken broth, ranch seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, salt, and pepper to a large crock pot.
- Cook – Turn on high for 3 hours and 4-5 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and is easy to shred with a fork or mixer. Turn off and uncover. This is important to reduce the heat to help the cream cheese melt well.
- Shred the chicken– Remove the chicken and shred it in a large bowl and then add it back to the Crock Pot.
- Add in cream cheese– Stir in the cream cheese until it is fully melted and well blended.
- Enjoy– Top with a few green onion slices if you would like a little more flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
This soup will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days when stored in an air-tight container.
No, hot sauce and buffalo sauce are not the same due to the differences in ingredients. Hot sauce is primarily made up of chili peppers, vinegar, and salt. While buffalo sauce is milder and is often made up of hot sauce with butter and Worcestershire sauce.
This recipe is freezer-friendly! Cook as directed and allow to fully cool. Freeze in an air-tight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Crock Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces white beans (Great Northern, Cannellini, or Navy)
- 14.5 ounces corn drained
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- green onion slices optional garnish
- Place all ingredients except the cream cheese and green onions in the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and easy to shred. Turn off slow cooker and remove lid.
- Remove chicken, shred with two forks or a hand mixer, then place back into the slow cooker. Stir in the cream cheese until fully blended. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!