This recipe for 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies is so simple and delicious to make with only bananas, oats, and sweet chocolate chips. Easy to bake up for a fast and healthy breakfast or dessert!
There’s nothing better than a quick and easy recipe that can be both breakfast or dessert! This 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookie recipe combines staple ingredients that are often found in the pantry- ripe bananas, oats, and chocolate chips. Super simple, very healthy, and delicious for even the pickiest eaters. Plus it’s fast to make and freezer-friendly! Perfect to eat on the go!
How to make Banana Oatmeal Cookies
To summarize, all you have to do is:
Mash- bananas. This recipe is very forgiving so almost any standard-size banana will do.
Add– oats. I find that the quick-cooking oats taste the best personally but old-fashioned oats would work as well.
Stir– in chocolate chips.
Scoop– around 1-1/2 tbsp worth of cookie dough onto parchment paper.
Flatten– cookies using a fork. They will not spread when baked so make the shape you desire them to be when baked.
Bake– 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned and the middle has set.
Store– covered at room temperature for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions.
These cookies are very versatile. You can mix up the ingredients to suit your tastes preferences.
Peanut Butter: add 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter for a delicious nutty flavor.
Cranberries: add 1/3 cup cranberries or replace the chocolate chips with cranberries.
Cinnamon: this would taste fantastic when added to the cookies.
Healthier options: use dark chocolate chips or add unsalted nuts.
Are 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies freezer-friendly?
This recipe is very freezer-friendly! Place in a freezer bag removing as much air as possible or a freezer-friendly container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow cookies to thaw at room temperature.
Need to ripen bananas quickly? Just place unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. The bananas will feel soft and the peel will be black. Allow to cool before peeling.
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Easy Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal– a warm and fruity healthy breakfast sweetened with maple syrup.
- Super Easy Banana Bread– moist and delicious with only a few simple steps.
- Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls– flaky crescent rolls filled with butter and cinnamon sugar that is rolled up into every bite.
3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 cup oats quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed bananas, oats, and chocolate chips. Scoop approximately 1-1/2 tbsp size amount of batter onto cookie sheet. Flatten cookie with a fork to desired size.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until center of cookies have set and edges have slightly browned. Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Need to ripen bananas quickly? Just place unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. The bananas will feel soft and the peel will be black. Allow to cool before peeling.