This Chocolate Toffee Pretzel Bark recipe is so addictively delicious with a sweet and salty combination of chocolate and pretzels. Super easy to make with only 4 ingredients, this sweet treat will be gone before it even has time to cool!
Fair warning: this Chocolate Toffee Pretzel Bark is addictive! Not like “oh yummy this is tasty” but more like “OH YUMMY I HAVE TO EAT IT ALL IN RIGHT NOW”. I seriously can’t get enough of the sweet and salty combination. Plus there are only 4 ingredients and a few simple steps. But again, you may want to make a double batch if you intend to share.
How to make it
MELT– butter and sugar together.
BOIL– 3 minutes. Start your timer once it comes to a rapid boil. Try not to stir too much but do keep an eye on it so it doesn’t overflow.
POUR– over pretzels in a jelly pan or 9×13 pan. Don’t worry too much about being evenly distributed because it will spread while baking. But you will want to have a pan with edges so the toffee doesn’t spill out all over the oven.
BAKE– for 5 minutes.
SPRINKLE– chocolate chips all over the top. You don’t have to make it look pretty since it will melt.
BAKE– 1 more minute. DO NOT OVER-BAKE! I have done this. If you bake it too long, chocolate will burn and turn crumbly. All you want to do is get the chocolate warm so it will melt easily.
SPREAD– chocolate all over the top. I use a spatula and it works perfectly. If it doesn’t spread easily, just wait another minute or two after you take it out of the oven so the chocolate chips are nice and warm.
COOL– completely before breaking into pieces and devouring. It gets crumbly and that’s perfectly fine. It’s not the prettiest but it’s the most delicious!
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for printed instructions.
BUTTER: salted or unsalted could be used- totally your preference. I’ve never used margarine. I’m not exactly sure it would work as well.
BROWN SUGAR: light or dark brown sugar could be used.
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: I think semi-sweet gives a nice balance with the very sweet toffee. But I’ve used milk chocolate when I was really something extra sweet and it tastes great too.
How do I serve this bark?
Once it has cooled from baking, you can take a knife and cut it into slices. But I recommend just breaking it into pieces. It can get a little crumbly so there’s no need to make them into perfect shapes. I put it in a covered dish or bowl for everyone to enjoy.
Easy to make!
Only 4 ingredients!
Salty and sweet combination!
Chocolate Toffee Pretzel Bark
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups pretzel mini twists
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spread pretzels over the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar while stirring frequently. Bring to a rapid boil and boil on medium heat for 3 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Immediately pour over pretzels.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips. Bake 1 additional minute, remove from oven and allow to sit for 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate chips to cover all the pretzel toffee mixture. Allow to cool completely. Break into pieces and enjoy!