These Easy 2 Ingredient Cinnamon Apple Pie Cups are quick and simple mini pies made with cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling with a sweet icing glaze. Perfect for breakfast or dessert and ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups
I love a simple recipe that I can enjoy for either breakfast or dessert like my Cinnamon French Toast Sticks or Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread. These little mini apple pies are such a fun and tasty treat that have the flavors of traditional apple pie but are much easier to make. They taste so delicious with warm cinnamon rolls and sweet apple filling, then drizzled with vanilla icing. Easy enough that even kids can help make them.
- Cinnamon Rolls– Soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls make the base for these yummy mini pies. Look for the regular size and not the jumbo. I used a can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Cinnamon Rolls but any brand will work for this recipe.
- Apple Pie Filling– The apple filling on top of the cinnamon rolls tastes so good. You will only need one can and may have a little extra left over depending on how generously you top the cinnamon rolls.
*See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions and a list of ingredients.
How To Make Apple Pie Cups
- Prepare the Pie Crust: Place each of the cinnamon roll dough in a greased regular-sized muffin pan and make a cup by gently pressing down the center and up the sides of the pan.
- Add the Filling: Add a little apple pie filling to the center of each of the cinnamon rolls. No need to be precise here. Just 2-3 apple slices will work.
- Bake: At 375 degrees, bake the pie cups for about 13-15 minutes and the outside edges of the cinnamon roll crust start to turn golden brown.
- Top with Icing: Once the pie cups have cooled slightly, drizzle the icing over the tops of each pie cup. Enjoy!
These pie cups can be made in a variety of ways. A few ideas to try:
- Blueberry Pie Cups
- Cherry Pie Cups
- Strawberry Pie Cups
- Strawberry Pie Filling with Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Pie Filling with Orange Cinnamon Rolls
To store: Allow the pie cups to completely cool and then store them covered in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bake an additional 2-3 minutes to compensate for the added moisture from the apple pie filling on top of the cinnamon rolls. Look for golden brown edges that pull away from the pan.
Yes, a homemade apple pie filling would taste great in this recipe.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
Easy 2 Ingredient Cinnamon Apple Pie Cups
- 12.4 ounce can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 20 ounce can of apple pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a regular-sized muffin pan and set aside.
- Open a can of cinnamon rolls and place each cinnamon roll into the muffin cups. Press down in the center and up the sides to make a cup.
- Add a scoop of apple pie filling to the center of each cinnamon roll.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the sides of the cinnamon roll turn golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to slightly cool and then drizzle with cinnamon roll icing. Enjoy!
- Store covered in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.