This easy Cookies and Cream Oreo Popcorn Recipe is the perfect combination of sweet chocolate Oreo cookies with salty popcorn. The most irresistible snack that’s ready in less than 10 minutes for movie night, a weeknight snack, or to give as a gift.
Easy Oreo Cookie Popcorn
Movie nights and crunchy snacks just go hand in hand. I normally reach for Chex snack mixes like Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies or Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix. But if there’s a movie playing, I need buttery popcorn. This Oreo Popcorn has everything from salt to sweet. It could not be easier since it only needs 3 ingredients- popcorn, Oreos, and almond bark. It’s the perfect snack for any Oreo lover. And it’s great to wrap up to give as a gift for the holidays too!
- Kettle Popcorn– I think sweet and salty kettle corn is what makes this popcorn stand out. It’s so easy to make too when using a bag of microwave popcorn. But you can use plain buttered popcorn, popcorn made on the stovetop, or even air-popped popcorn if you prefer.
- Oreos– I used regular Oreos but you can use double-stuffed or any other flavor to switch it up.
- Vanilla Almond Bark– Any brand of almond bark, Vanilla Candiquik, or candy melts will taste good to coat the popcorn and help the Oreos stick to the popcorn. You could also substitute with white chocolate chips for a similar taste.
*See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions and a list of ingredients.
How To Make Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- Pop the popcorn: Pop one bag of kettle popcorn and then scatter it over a large-rimmed baking pan. You’ll want to remove any of the kernels that didn’t pop.
- Crush the Oreos: Put the Oreos in a freezer bag and roll over them a few times with a rolling pin to crush the Oreos. There’s no need to be precise here. You will just want a few small pieces and most of the rest to be crushed. You could also use a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Melt almond bark: Microwave the white almond bark in a medium bowl. I’ve found that microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, then microwaving in 15-second increments until melted helps prevent it from burning.
- Drizzle: Pour the almond bark over the popcorn and stir. Then sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookies over the top of the popcorn and stir until it is all coated. Enjoy!
There are a lot of ways to switch this up. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Try using different flavors like Mint Oreos or Golden Oreos.
- Sprinkle in some nuts like peanuts or almonds.
- Add in mix-ins like M&M’s, chocolate candies, marshmallows, or sprinkles.
- Use any flavor of melting chocolate like semi-sweet, dark, milk, or chocolate almond bark.
To store: Allow it to completely cool and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3-5 days. The popcorn will start to soften after a day but it still tastes delicious. I do not recommend freezing it since the texture will change and become unappealing.
More Easy Snack Recipes
Cookies and Cream Oreo Popcorn Recipe
- 3.28 ounce bag of microwave Kettle popcorn
- 12 ounces vanilla almond bark
- 1 cup Oreos crushed
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave. Remove any kernels that did not pop. Spread the popcorn over a large baking sheet.
- Melt the almond bark by microwaving in a medium bowl for 30 seconds, stir, then continue to microwave in 15-second increments until melted.
- Drizzle almond bark over popcorn and stir. Sprinkle crushed Oreos over top and stir until coated. Enjoy!
- White chocolate chips can be used as a substitute for almond bark.