This Cheesy Ranch Chex Party Mix Recipe is a flavorful and easy snack made with crispy Chex cereal, Bugles, pretzels, and Ranch seasoning. Perfect to enjoy for game nights, parties, holidays, and tailgating.
Cheesy Chex Mix Recipe
Chex Mix is one of my favorite easy snacks that I just can’t get enough of. While you can’t go wrong with the original, I also go for my Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix when I’m in the mood to spice it up. But I thought I would mix the ranch with cheese to make Cheesy Ranch Chex and wow the flavor is amazing. It’s so crunchy from the Chex cereals and cheesy from the Cheddar pretzels and Nacho Bugles. This recipe is a hit at every party and always a family favorite to snack on at all the holidays.
- Chex Cereal– These air cereals are so yummy to snack on. I used the Corn, Rice, and Wheat flavors but you can choose any flavors you like.
- Snyder’s of Hanover Cheese Pretzel Pieces– These salty pretzels add extra crunch to the snack. You can also use cheesy pretzel twists for larger pretzel bites.
- Bugles– The Nacho flavor adds even more extra cheesiness. Regular Bugles could be used instead but it won’t be as cheesy flavored.
- Ranch Seasoning– I use the Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Seasoning Packet which is often located near the croutons in the grocery store. Two packets or 4 tablespoons will give it so much flavor. If you want a little less Ranch flavor, reduce it to 2 tablespoons or 1 packet.
- Garlic Powder and Worcestershire Sauce– These are optional but bring a lot of boldness once baked.
- Butter– This makes the base for the sauce and helps coat all the seasoning to the mix.
*See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions and a list of ingredients.
How To Make Cheesy Ranch Party Mix
- Mix the ingredients: Take an extra large bowl and add the cereals, pretzel pieces, and Bugles and mix them all together.
- Make the seasoning: Melt the butter in the microwave for about one minute. Then add the Ranch seasoning, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce and whisk it all together. Pour this seasoning all over the Chex mix and stir stir stir. It may take a minute or two but it is worth it to stir and make sure each piece is coated in seasoning
- Bake: Spread the mix evenly over a large baking sheet. Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. Be sure to stir every 15 minutes so it doesn’t burn the bottom pieces.
- Cool: Let it cool for about 15 minutes and you’ll notice the mix gets extra crispy. Enjoy!
There are several ways to switch up this recipe. Here are a few ideas to try:
- Add some oyster crackers.
- Try Ranch-flavored Bugles.
- Sprinkle in some nuts like peanuts or almonds.
- Add in Cheez-Its or Goldfish.
To store: Allow it to completely cool and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
To freeze: This can be made ahead and frozen in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Snack Recipes
Cheesy Ranch Chex Party Mix Recipe
- 8 cups Chex Cereal Corn, Rice, or Wheat
- 2 cups Snyder's of Hanover Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Pieces
- 2 cups Nacho Cheese Bugles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons Ranch seasoning (or 2 packets)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In an extra large bowl, add Chex cereal, pretzel pieces, and Bugles.
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the Ranch seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Pour this sauce over the Chex mix and stir until every piece is coated. It may take a few minutes of stirring for everything to be coated.
- Spread out Chex mix evenly over the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent the bottom pieces from burning.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Use any combination of Chex mix you like- such as Corn, Rice, or Wheat.
- Be sure to stir every 15 minutes to prevent the bottom pieces from burning. Add an additional 10 minutes of baking if any pieces seem wet. However, the Chex mix will dry and get crispier as it cools.
- Allow the Chex mix to fully cool before storing so that it does not become soggy.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet to prevent any pieces from falling to the bottom of the oven.