2 Ingredient Apple Dip is a thick, creamy, and delicious snack to whip up in only a few minutes. It’s always a crowd favorite with any get-together or for a quick afternoon snack!
Easiest Apple Dip
During the fall, there’s nothing like the taste of fresh, crisp apples. Whether it is a warm Apple Crisp or a Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffin, apples just make the season better. This 2 Ingredient Apple Dip recipe is a favorite for my kids’ after-school snack. Since my kids come home at different times, this is easy to make up ahead of time and just slice a few apples when they arrive. It’s even requested in their lunchboxes for school with pretzels, animal crackers, or strawberries to dip. This is definitely a hit with all ages!
This recipe couldn’t be easier! All you have to do is:
- Soften– the cream cheese. I like to do this one of two ways. If I know I am going to make this ahead of time, I will leave it out to soften on the counter at room temperature. This is the simplest way but it does require a little time. The other way is to microwave it. I recommend trying this on lower power such as defrost so that you do not overcook the cream cheese.
- Serve– with apples or any fruit of your choice.
- Beat- brown sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl. I typically use an electric hand mixer to make sure it’s extra creamy and there are no clumps from the cream cheese. If you don’t have a hand mixer, it can be mixed by hand. Just be sure to mix it for a few minutes to try to get it as creamy as possible.
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions.
It’s easy to adjust this recipe to your specific tastes!
Cream cheese: For an extra fluffy dip, try using whipped cream cheese. You can also use Neufchatel cheese if you’re looking for a lighter and slightly creamier dip.
Sugar: Use half brown sugar and half white granulated sugar for an even sweeter taste.
Fluffy: For a very light and fluffy dip, fold in up to 4 ounces of Cool Whip. This will make it much lighter and very fluffy.
Vanilla extract: If you like the sweet smell of vanilla, add about 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Store any of the unused apple dip in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. I do not recommend this to be frozen since the cream cheese can separate when it thaws to room temperature.
What To Serve With Apple Dip
Although this recipe is typically for apples, it would taste great with other fruits and snacks as well. A few to try:
More Delicious Recipes
2 Ingredient Apple Dip
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and brown sugar together until fully incorporated and creamy, around 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with apple slices or other fruits. Enjoy!