Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are deliciously chewy, moist, and filled with creamy white chocolate chips. So easy to make with only 4 simple ingredients, you’ll be enjoying these Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and all year round.
Cookies are the perfect treat when you’re wanting to satisfy a sweet tooth, especially during the holidays. My favorites are usually the classics like Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies. But I don’t always want to break out the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer or refrigerate the dough. That’s why these Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are the best to whip up in no time. I love that it only takes 4 ingredients, most of which I usually have on hand. Plus they look so pretty and festive for almost any holiday since so many involve the color red- like Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and the 4th of July. Plus they’re freezer friendly!
How to make it
These are easy and enjoyable to make. All you have to do is:
MIX– cake mix, eggs, and oil until combined.
ADD– white chocolate chips.
PLACE– the dough on a baking sheet around 2 inches apart. If you want them fluffier like the pictures, don’t flatten them. If you want them a little thinner and slightly crispier, flatten them down with the back of a spoon or fork.
BAKE– for 8-11minutes. The reason I say this is because every oven cooks differently. I highly recommend checking them at the 8-minute mark first. Since they’re red, it’s a little harder to tell when they are finished. Just be sure they don’t have any wet-looking spots and that the edges appear to be slightly brown.
REMOVE– cookies from the cookie sheet and place them on a cooling rack. My tip for removing cookies is to take a spatula and quickly and swiftly scoop underneath them and pick them up. If you go slowly, oftentimes cookies will break or change shape a bit. I think a quick movement works like a charm.
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for printed instructions.
CAKE MIX: any brand will work.
OIL: I’ve had success with canola and vegetable.
- There are plenty of ways to mix up these cookies. A few ideas are:
- Dip them in white or dark chocolate
- Replace white chocolate with dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate.
- Add in festive holiday sprinkles.
- Add a Hershey’s Kiss on top immediately after baking.
Are cake mix cookies freezer friendly?
Yes, these cookies can be frozen for 2-3 months. All you need to do is put them in a freezer-safe container or tightly wrap them in a plastic freezer bag. Keep in mind that less air equals less chance for freezer burn. When you’re ready to eat them, pull them out of the freezer and allow them to thaw at room temperature. Try not to open them until they are completely thawed to help them stay nice and moist.
Super simple to make!
Only 4 ingredients!
Perfectly festive for any holiday!
Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz box red velvet cake mix unprepared
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil canola or vegetable
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil. The dough will be slightly tough to stir but will be a bit sticky once fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop into tbsp sized balls and drop onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until the center of the cookie has set. Remove from oven and allow to cook on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!