4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
This 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe makes a deliciously easy meal for those busy weeknights. So simple to make with only salsa, cheese, taco seasoning, and chicken that tastes great on any flour or corn tortilla. Sure to become a family favorite for your Taco Tuesdays!
I really look forward to Taco Tuesdays at our house and these 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are requested most often from everyone. Not only do they taste deliciously cheesy but they’re just so easy to make! Perfect for those busy weeknights when there isn’t much time to prepare.
One of the best parts of these chicken tacos is that they don’t have to be made into tacos at all. I love to put the cheesy chicken filling on top of nachos! It’s so filling that it only needs a little cilantro, diced tomatoes, and The Best Easy Homemade Guacamole to make it a full meal! But it’s so versatile that it can also be melted into a quesadilla, rolled into a burrito, or used in a taco bowl with rice. It’s really good on everything!
How to make it
To summarize, all you have to do is:
Place- chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa in a crockpot.
Stir– together so that the chicken is coated.
Cook– on low for 4-6 hours.
Remove– chicken from crockpot and shred in a bowl using 2 forks. Return to crockpot.
Stir– in queso.
Serve– in a tortilla, taco bowl, on nachos, or in a quesadilla!
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions.
It’s easy to adjust this recipe to your specific tastes!
Spicy: add spicy salsa or a can of green chilis.
Queso: I tend to use Salsa con Queso or Queso Blanco the most but other types of jarred queso would taste good too!
Seasoning: fajita seasoning or homemade taco seasoning can be used in place of the package of taco seasoning.
Chicken: chicken thighs could be used as a substitute for breasts.
Is slow Cooker 4 ingredient Chicken tacos freezer friendly?
Well, this depends on the brand and type of queso you use. I have personally tried a few different types with much success. It becomes a bit runnier but over has the same taste. This may not be true for all brands or types of queso so try it out and let me know how it goes!
If you do decide to freeze this, be sure to allow it to fully cool before placing it in an air-tight freezer bag or container.
Special equimpment for this recipe
Slow Cooker– this is an updated version of the one I have and use almost every day! Plus it has a locking lid which is so helpful!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
More delicious recipes
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Ranch Tortilla Soup– deliciously filled with chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, and Fiesta Ranch seasoning to make the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes– the ultimate comfort food that’s lightened up!
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast– a classic family dish that’s incredibly tender and moist!
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ounces taco seasoning
- 15-16 ounces salsa
- 15-16 ounces salsa con queso jarred
- Mix together chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and add queso. Stir until fully mixed together.
- Serve in a tortilla or taco shell and add toppings. Enjoy!
- Reduce cheese to half a jar if you like it a little less cheesy.
- Jarred cheese such as Tostitos or On the Border seems to work best for this recipe.
This sounds so delicious!
This looks amazing. And so simple. Will have to give this a try next week. Always looking for simple recipes that my kids will enjoy
Yum! I love how simple and delicious these are. Adding them to make this week!
This looks delicious! My kiddos love tacos, and I love how versatile this is! Definitely pinning and trying soon! Thanks for the recipe. 🙂
These look amazing! I love my slow cooker.