This Slow Cooker Fiesta Ranch Tortilla Soup is deliciously filled with chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, and Fiesta Ranch seasoning to make the perfect weeknight dinner. Top with cilantro, cheese, or sour cream and this becomes a family favorite!
It’s soup season! And no matter when you’re reading this recipe, it’s always soup season to me. Nothing gives me more comfort than a big delicious bowl of tortilla soup.
This Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Tortilla Soup takes a twist on the traditional tortilla soup. The seasoning is the real star here. It has an incredible flavor that makes getting a second helping a must! Add in a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese, a pinch of cilantro, and crunchy tortilla chips on top, and this soup becomes a staple on the weekly meal plan. Plus it’s easily adaptable so even picky eaters will enjoy its delicious taste!
How to make it
This recipe is so simple to just throw it all together. All you have to do is:
Add– corn, black beans, diced onion, tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, Fiesta Ranch seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chicken broth to a slow cooker and stir.
Place– chicken breasts in the mixture and be sure they are submerged in the liquid.
Cook– for 3-4 hours on high.
Remove– chicken and shred.
Stir– in the shredded chicken in the slow cooker.
Top– with any desired toppings. My personal favorites are cilantro, cheese, avocado, sour cream, and tortilla chips!
What is Fiesta Ranch seasoning?
- Fiesta Ranch Seasoning is made by Hidden Valley and is located with the ranch seasoning dip packets in your local grocery store. Although I do feel as though this gives the perfect flavor combination, at times it does become difficult to find. In this case, you could use half a packet of ranch seasoning and half a packet of taco seasoning for a similar substitute.
To store this soup, place in an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
There are many different toppings that would taste so good in this soup:
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Tortilla Chips
Special equipment for this recipe
Slow Cooker– this is the updated version of the one I use and love it! Plus this one has a locking lid which is extra handy!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
More delicious soup recipes
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup– thick and creamy with corn, bacon, and extra cheese!
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili– a healthy and yummy twist on traditional chili!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Ranch Tortilla Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces chicken broth (4 cups)
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1.1 ounce packet Fiesta Ranch seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place corn, black beans, onion, tomatoes, tomatoes and green chilies, Fiesta Ranch seasoning, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over the top and stir. Add in chicken breasts and cover.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred using two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Serve in a bowl with toppings. Enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and cook on medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and a temperature of at least 165 degrees.
- Turn off the heat and remove the chicken. Shred using two forks and return shredded chicken to the saucepan. Stir together and enjoy.