These incredibly easy Chocolate Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars are a favorite dessert filled with a sweet chocolate and strawberry jam filling and have a buttery oatmeal crumble top.
Strawberries and chocolate are the perfect flavorful pair! And these bars make it so easy to have the two together. Homemade or store-bought jam melted together with chocolate chips makes these gooey sweet treats. And the crumble oatmeal crust and topping make them taste so fantastic with every bite. They’re so good to enjoy for breakfast or dessert!
How to make it
This is a very simple recipe to make. All you have to do is:
Whisk– together oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Cut in– butter using either a pastry cutter or two forks. You’ll want the butter to be cold but still slightly soft so that you’re able to make it crumble easily. It should resemble sand and course crumble.
Press– 4 cups of the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13″ pan lined with parchment paper or heavily greased. I’ll use my fingertips or the bottom of a measuring cup to ensure that it’s packed in tight.
Spread– jam over the top of the crumble mixture in the pan. If the jam is too thick, microwave for several seconds to make it easier to spread.
Add– chocolate chips over the top of the jam.
Sprinkle– the rest of the crumble mixture over the top of the jam and chocolate chips so that it’s evenly covered. Press just slightly so that it doesn’t separate from the jam.
Bake– uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Cool– completely before cutting to serve.
How to store jam oatmeal bars
These bars great make-ahead desserts since they are best stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
Type of jam to use
Both homemade or store-bought strawberry jam would taste great in this recipe. I recommend a thicker jam since it will start melting in the oven. A runny jelly would make it a bit messy.
Strawberry could be replaced with other flavors of jam like raspberry or blackberry. If chocolate chips are omitted, then any flavor of jam would taste good with the oatmeal topping.
More delicious recipes
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Bars– moist and fluffy cake like bars with all the Fall flavors!
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies– soft and chewy with no freezing time required!
- Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls– buttery and sweet with only a few simple steps!
Chocolate Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup butter cold and cut in cubes
- 2 cups oats old fashioned or quick cook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 18 ounces strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 9×13" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or two forks until the mixture resembles sand with course crumbles. Using the back of a spoon or measuring cup, press 4 cups of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the pan. Spread the jam over the top of the crumble mixture in the pan. Add the chocolate chips over the top of the jam. Sprinkle the rest of the crumble mixture evenly over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.