Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats is a delicious and easy breakfast filled with fresh blueberries, sweet cream cheese, and rolled oats. Make ahead the night before to enjoy first thing in the morning or on the go.
Cheesecake for breakfast
Oatmeal is a favorite breakfast of mine. I load it up with fresh fruits, chocolate chips, peanut butter, or brown sugar and cinnamon. The combinations are endless. Plus, oatmeal is delicious when baked, like in this Easy Berry Baked Oatmeal. But warm oatmeal can often take just a little bit of time to prepare.
That’s why this Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats recipe is so unique and delicious. It tastes just like the cheesecake dessert with fresh blueberries, sweet honey, and creamy yogurt but takes only 5 minutes to prepare. Just mix it all together, pop it into the refrigerator, and it will be ready when you are in the morning. Eat it on the go or warm it up like traditional oatmeal. So easy!
- Blueberries– this sweet fruit makes this recipe so delicious. While fresh blueberries are preferred, frozen could also be used. Add in frozen or thaw them out to allow the juices to mix throughout the oats.
- Old Fashioned Oats– rolled oats (also known as old fashioned) work best for this recipe since instant or quick oats are much finer and would not need to soak in the liquid overnight.
- Milk– any type of milk can be used- skim, whole, almond, cashew- up to you!
- Yogurt– any unsweetened yogurt would work. If only sweetened is available, reduce the amount of honey to compensate for the sweetness.
- Cream Cheese– regular or low-fat would taste equally good. Be sure it is softened so that it is easier to mix in.
- Honey- this balances well with blueberries. Maple syrup or a pinch of brown sugar could be used as alternatives.
- Vanilla Extract– optional but give it that mouth-watering smell.
- Chia Seeds– these healthy, tiny seeds will multiply in size and make the oats so incredibly creamy. Completely optional so leave them out if you prefer.
How to make it
Overnight oats are so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Mix it all together- start by taking half of the blueberries and mash them in a medium-sized bowl. This can easily be done with a fork. No need to be perfect, just getting the juices out for flavor. Now add in all the rest of the ingredients (minus the remaining blueberries) and whisk it all together. The cream cheese will likely be a little chunky and that’s ok! These little bites of creamy cheese taste so good later. Stir in the remaining blueberries.
- Refrigerate– pour the oatmeal mixture into a pint-sized mason jar or any container with a lid and seal. Pop this into the refrigerator to sit at least 4-6 hours but overnight is preferred. The oats and chia seeds will soak in all that moisture and become extra creamy.
- Enjoy– these oats can be enjoyed cold right out of the refrigerator or warm them up in the microwave. Add any toppings you would like!
So many ways to enjoy these overnight oats! A few topping ideas are:
Frequently asked questions
These oats can be enjoyed for up to 5 days after making them. Just be sure to keep them refrigerated and sealed tightly.
Overnight oats can be made and eaten on the same day. Just allow at least 4-6 hours after assembly for the oats to be able to soak in the liquid.
Any brand of oats will work for this recipe. Just be sure they are old fashioned rolled oats.
Tips and tricks
* Allow at least 4-6 hours (overnight is best) for the oats to soak up the liquid.
* If using frozen blueberries, add in frozen or thaw them out for extra juices.
* These oats can be made ahead up to 5 days in advance.
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Easy Homemade Coconut Granola– full of flavor and aroma with sweet coconut, crunchy almonds, and baked with honey.
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies– so simple and delicious to make with only bananas, oats, and sweet chocolate chips.
- Easy Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal– a delicious and easy breakfast filled with fresh or frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and sweet maple syrup.
Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup blueberries divided
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese softened
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons chia seeds optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, roughly mash half of the blueberries with a fork. Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the remaining blueberries) and whisk together. There will be small pieces of cream cheese throughout. Stir in the remaining blueberries.
- Pour into a pin-sized mason jar or a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours but preferably overnight.
- Enjoy! Add any topping you prefer like more blueberries, honey, graham cracker crumbs, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.