This Easy Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken recipe is a savory dish with only 5 ingredients that is perfect for busy weeknights. Tender and juicy chicken that tastes delicious over rice, noodles, potatoes, or made into a sandwich.
Best Mississippi Chicken
Easy Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken is full of flavor with tangy, rich juices throughout the tender chicken with a bit of spice from the pepperoncini peppers. It has all the same delicious flavors as a classic Mississippi Pot Roast in a white meat version. And the best part is that it is made in the Crock Pot so it takes only minutes to prepare. It is definitely a family favorite that will be requested for many weeknight meals.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts– white meat works well with this recipe since it easily absorbs all those rich juices. Chicken thighs are an easy substitute but will be slightly more rich in flavor.
- Ranch Seasoning– always a favorite that adds a nice bit of seasoning. Be sure it is the dry seasoning and not the bottled dressing.
- Au Jus Gravy Mix– this brings a rich savoriness to the dish.
- Pepperoncini Peppers with juice– these tangy peppers give a little punch of flavor and some zippy spice. Use whole peppers or pepper slices.
- Butter– optional but adds more flavor.
How to make it
This recipe is so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Combine the ingredients- place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with ranch seasoning, au jus gravy, pepperoncini peppers with juice, butter, and water.
- Cook– cover with a lid and cook for 3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the chicken should shred easily with a fork.
- Enjoy! Shred the chicken with two forks and serve over rice, noodles, or on a bun.
How to serve Mississippi Chicken
This tender chicken tastes so delicious and can be eaten by itself as the main meal. It also tastes great when served over rice, noodles, mashed or whole potatoes, or made into a sandwich when served on a bun (my personal favorite!).
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken tastes fantastic when served as leftover. Store any remaining leftovers sealed in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips and tricks
* White or dark meat can be used in this recipe.
* Add extra peppers for additional spice and flavor.
* Refrigerate leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
More easy dinner recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken– full of flavorful spices and sweet pineapple and served over rice.
- Easy Turkey Sloppy Joes– a healthier version of a favorite family recipe that is ready in 15 minutes.
- 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos– so simple to make with only salsa, cheese, taco seasoning, and chicken that tastes great on any flour or corn tortilla.
Easy Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ounce packet ranch seasoning dry mix not bottled
- 1 ounce packet au jus gravy mix
- 6-8 whole pepperoncini peppers plus 2 tablespoons juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with ranch seasoning, au jus gravy mix, pepperoncini peppers with juice, butter, and water. Cover with lid.
- Cook on high 3 hours or on low 4-5 hours, or until the chicken is tender and at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Return chicken to the slow cooker and stir all together.
- Serve alone or over rice, noodles, potatoes, or make into a sandwich. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Chicken thighs can be substituted for breasts. Trim any excess fat and do not add butter.
- Add more peppers for additional spice.