These Candy Corn Pretzel Hug Bites are a fun and simple snack to enjoy in the fall. Made with only 3 ingredients, these sweet and salty snacks are ready to enjoy in less than 10 minutes!
Sweet and Salty Chocolate Pretzels
I love the sweet and salty combination of pretzels and chocolate like in these Peanut Butter Pretzel M&M Cookies. And these Pretzel Hugs just taste so yummy together. They are easy to make with only 3 ingredients and bake in just 5 minutes. You will be snacking on these all fall and into the Halloween season.
- Pretzels– Crunchy salty pretzels make the base for this recipe. The square shapes or mini twists work the best to hold the Hugs on top without too much melting through the bottom.
- Hershey’s Hugs– The striped Hugs give a fun festive look. But Hershey’s kisses would taste good too.
- Candy Corn– Nothing says “fall” like this sweet treat.
*See the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions and a list of ingredients.
How To Make Candy Corn Pretzel Bites
- Prepare the ingredients: What might take the longest time is just unwrapping the Hugs. Those little things take just a bit of time to unwrap them one by one. Once you have those unwrapped, set out all the ingredients to begin assembling.
- Make the pretzel bites: Arrange pretzels evenly on a baking sheet. Add one Hug on top of each pretzel.
- Bake: At 275 degrees, bake for 3-4 minutes. This is just enough time to warm the chocolate without fully melting it.
- Top with candy corn: You’ll want to have the candy corn ready because once you take the pretzel bites out, immediately top with a piece of candy corn. The Hugs should be soft enough that you barely push the candy corn down and it will stick to the chocolate.
- Cool: You can cool these at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer. However, I recommend flash-freezing them. Place them in the freezer for 5 minutes and the chocolate will be set. Remove and enjoy!
These Pretzel Hugs can be made in a variety of ways. A few ideas to try:
- Use Hershey’s Kisses
- Try Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Top with M&M’s
- Add a Reese’s Pieces
To store: Allow them to completely cool and store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
Candy Corn Pretzel Hug Bites
- 35 pretzels squares or mini twists
- 35 Hershey's Hugs
- 35 candy corn pieces
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unwrap each of the Hugs. Evenly space out the pretzels on a baking sheet. Place one Hug on top of each pretzel.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes or until the Hug begins to soften (no longer than 5 minutes). While baking, set out the candy corn.
- After removing from the oven, quickly top each pretzel Hug with one piece of candy corn by gently pushing down on the top. If it does not press down easily, return the pan to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes to soften.
- All the chocolate to firm up at room temperature for 30 minutes or flash-freeze in the freezer for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Watch the Hugs carefully while in the oven to prevent them from melting.
- Swap out the Hugs for Hershey’s Kisses for a more chocolatey flavor.