Cherry Cheesecake Marshmallow Fluff
This Cherry Cheesecake Marshmallow Fluff recipe is a favorite dessert or side dish that has only 5 ingredients with cherry pie filling, cheesecake pudding, marshmallows, and cool whip. Such an easy crowd favorite for holidays and potlucks!
Creamy dreamy fluff
Fluff recipes are an all-time favorite dish at every potluck! Sometimes referred to as a salad with a mix of ingredients like fruit and marshmallows but taste mostly like a dessert with the sweetness of the pudding and cool whip. Needless to say, they can be eaten at any time!
This Cherry Cheesecake Fluff is a little more creamy than most fluff salads with sweet cheesecake pudding and cherry pie filling all stirred together. Then the marshmallow adds a little fun pop of flavor to each bite. Plus the whipped cream swirls all throughout to make this creamy, dreamy delicious flavor! And only one bowl is needed to put this together so you can enjoy it right away or make it ahead of time to serve later. It is a must-have easy recipe that will be on repeat for every get-together and holiday!
- Cherry Pie Filling– using a can of pie filling gives the fluff the extra cherry flavor without all the hassle of pitting fresh cherries.
- Cheesecake Pudding and Milk– this makes the recipe so creamy with a light hint of cheesecake flavor balancing with the cherry taste. While vanilla could be used as a substitute, it wouldn’t quite have that same cheesecake flavor.
- Cool Whip– fold this in and it becomes creamy and dreamy. Enjoy it with homemade whipped cream instead if you prefer to make this yourself.
- Marshmallows– bites of marshmallows really add some much-needed flavor texture to a fluff recipe and is a staple ingredient.
How to make it
This is so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Make the pudding– in a large bowl, beat together the cheesecake pudding mix and milk. You can use a hand mixer or whisk for this to make the pudding extra creamy and reduce lumps. Let the pudding sit for a few minutes to firm up.
- Stir it all together – add in the cherry pie filling and marshmallows and stir together to make it nice and creamy. Then gently fold in the cool whip so it is all mixed together. Take your time and do this slowly so it stays fluffy.
- Refrigerate and serve– this can be served immediately if you are short on time. But for best results, refrigerate for at least one hour so that all the flavors blend together and it will firm up slightly.
- Store– covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing this fluff recipe.
Try adding chopped nuts like pecans or almonds for a little added crunch.
Use homemade whipped cream in place of the Cool Whip for a made-from-scratch taste.
If you would like to cut a few calories, try using lite Cool Whip, sugar-free cheesecake pudding, or no sugar added cherry pie filling. While I have not tried these personally, I think it would still produce similar results.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, this fluff recipe can be made up to 3 days ahead. Stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for best results.
The best part of fluff salad is that it can be served as both a side dish and a dessert since it is sweet and is made with fruit.
More delicious recipes
- Puppy Chow Cereal Snack– an addictively delicious treat with crunchy Crispix cereal, creamy peanut butter, melted chocolate, and covered in powdered sugar.
- Chocolate Strawberry Jam Oatmeal Bars– easy make-ahead dessert filled with a sweet chocolate and strawberry jam filling and has a buttery oatmeal crumble top.
- Old Fashioned Lemon Icebox Pie– a classically sweet dessert full of flavor with tart lemons and sweetened condensed milk and cool whip.
Cherry Cheesecake Marshmallow Fluff
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 3.4 ounces cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- In a large bowl, beat together cheesecake pudding mix and milk with a hand mixer or whisk until well combined- around 2 minutes. Allow to firm up for a few minutes.
- Once pudding is firm, stir in cherry pie filling and marshmallows. Then gently fold in Cool Whip until well combined. Serve immediately or for best results, refrigerate in an air-tight container for at least one hour.
- make ahead for up to 3 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator
- add chopped nuts for a little variety
- whole milk or 2 percent will make a creamier pudding
My kids love marshmallows, and this is a great alternative to the usual cheesecake. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can’t wait to try it out!
This looks so yummy and never tried it before. I think I have almost all the ingredients for it. Thank you for sharing!