These Cadbury Egg Brownie Mix Cookies are fudgy and chewy with crispy festive chocolate eggs on top. The perfect dessert for Easter and Spring!
Easy Easter Cookies
When the stores are stocking Cadbury Eggs, you know spring is here! That’s why these Cadbury Egg Brownie Mix Cookies make the most fun and festive-looking dessert! The dark chocolate brownie color of the cookies makes the colorful eggs become a real show-stopper! Each bite has the best balance of a chewy center like a traditional brownie but with a crispy edge like a cookie. Then the top is extra crunchy with more chocolate from the egg candies. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream!
And best yet, they are so easy to make since this recipe uses a brownie mix! Only one bowl is needed to mix the cookie dough together, add some chopped eggs on top, and they’re ready in only 8 minutes! Brownie Cookies are seriously the most fun and popular Easter dessert!
- Brownie Mix– this is what makes these cookies so EASY to make! Fudgy brownie mix makes them extra chocolatey but any brand will work. Look for a box that is around 18 ounces.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs– they are the cutest little eggs! They are mini versions of the classic Cadbury Creme Egg but without the “yolk” center. They are filled with chocolate and have a crispy shell that tastes so delicious! Each bite of the cookie has a little crunch from the shells that make it really fun to eat!
- All-Purpose Flour– just a little bit more flour is added to thicken up the dough.
- Oil– canola or vegetable works best.
How To Make Easter Cookies
These are really easy to make. All you have to do is:
- Mix– The entire dough is made in one bowl. Just add brownie mix, flour, eggs, and oil to a large bowl and mix well. I prefer to do this by hand but a hand mixer works well too. The dough will be thick and sticky– this is normal!
- Scoop– Scoop around one heaping tablespoon or one cookie scoop in size of dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Be sure to space them out around 2 inches apart because these cookies spread and almost double in size.
- Crush– Add a few crushed eggs on top of each of the cookies and gently press them into the dough. They look best when adding a few before and after baking.
- Bake– Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake them. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet for a few minutes after they finish cooking. If you want fully topped cookies with lots of eggs, add a few more crushed eggs right after they come out of the oven. You’ll want to work quickly before the cookies cool down. They look really good this way!
- Cool– After about 5 minutes, remove them from the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack, and then store them in an air-tight container. Or if you’re anything like me, gobble them up while they are warm!
How to Chop the Mini Eggs
There are a few easy ways to chop these candies. You can place them all in a large freezer bag, seal it, and then lightly roll over them with a rolling pin until they are all starting to crack or break apart. You can also place them on a cutting board and carefully push down on the side of a large knife to break them apart. No need for them to look all the same. A variety of sizes look good and give the best taste.
There are many different ways to add-in a little variety to these brownie cookies. Add about a half of a cup of any of these to the batter to mix it up:
These delicious spring cookies are a perfect make-ahead option since they can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days in an air-tight container. They also can be frozen for up to 9 months! For best results, double-wrap the cookies in two air-tight freezer bags to prevent frost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the chocolate candies are available all year. However, some stores choose to sell them only seasonally in the spring.
They have the best mix of both with a fudgy brownie flavor and a crispy cookie texture.
Most brownie mix brands will work with this recipe. The main ingredient needed will be baking soda. If the mix does not have baking soda, add 1 tablespoon to the batter.
More Dessert Recipes
Cadbury Egg Brownie Mix Cookies
- 18.3 ounces brownie mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 10 ounces Cadbury Mini Eggs- roughly chopped around 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together brownie mix, flour, oil, and eggs until well combined. Scoop the batter using a cookie scoop or one heaping tablespoon onto the baking sheet around 2 inches apart (the cookies will spread and double in size). Add a few Cadbury Mini Egg pieces on top of each cookie and gently press into the batter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookie is just slightly underdone. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to finish baking on the cookie sheet for around 5 minutes. Add a few more pieces of Cadbury Mini Eggs if desired. Remove from baking sheet and allow to fully cool on a cooling rack.
- Place them all in a large freezer bag, seal it, then lightly roll over them with a rolling pin until they are all starting to crack or break apart.
- Or place them on a cutting board and carefully push down on the side of a large knife to break them apart.