These No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake Bars are so rich and delicious with sweet coconut in a cream cheese filling with a buttery graham cracker crust. Top this easy make-ahead dessert with fresh berries or enjoy it by itself!
Cheesecake is an irresistible dessert that is always a hit at any get-together or party. It has a rich and creamy center on top of a sweet and buttery graham cracker crust. This cheesecake has a delicious hint of coconut flavor throughout that pairs perfectly with any fruit topping.
No need to waste hours of baking time because this is a no-bake cheesecake! Just make the graham cracker crust, top with the cream cheese filling, and allow it to set up. It’s the perfect make-ahead dessert that everyone will enjoy!
- Cream cheese– the main ingredient in cheesecake is smooth cream cheese. When this is mixed at room temperature, it will whip up extra creamy!
- Powdered sugar– sugar with cream cheese is so rich and delicious! Powdered sugar mixes better with the cream cheese than granulated sugar so each bite is nice and sweet.
- Sour cream– the reason so many cheesecake recipes include sour cream is to give it that slight tanginess and help keep it from drying out. Optional but I highly recommend it.
- Cool Whip– a premade whipped cream makes this so easy! A homemade whipped cream can easily be substituted if you prefer.
- Shredded coconut and coconut extract– this combination is the perfect amount of coconut flavor and aroma without it overpowering the cheesecake. Add more or less depending on your preferences.
- Graham crackers, granulated sugar, and butter– the graham cracker crust is easy to make and makes the best base for the cream cheese center.
How to make it
Coconut cheesecake is such an easy dessert to make when you are needing a fancy dessert without all the work.
Make the crust
Start by crushing the graham crackers. This can be done in the food processor or by placing them in a freezer bag and rolling over them with a rolling pin. Then take the crushed graham crackers and mix them with melted butter and sugar. Press this mixture down in the bottom of a pan.
Make the filling
Take the room temperature cream cheese and mix it with a hand mixer for about 3 minutes until it is fluffy and creamy. Then add the powdered sugar and mix together slowly so the powdered sugar doesn’t fly out of the bowl (I learned this the hard way!). Now fold in the sour cream and Cool Whip. Then add the coconut and coconut extract and stir until it is all combined. It will be thick and creamy.
Refrigerate and serve
You will want to refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6 hours but overnight is best. This helps it to firm up. When you are ready to serve, top it with fresh berries or any topping of your choice. The coconut flavor pairs really well with most fruit toppings. Enjoy!
Cheesecake is best when stored covered in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
No-bake cheesecakes can also be frozen! Just fully double wrap the cheesecake in cling wrap and then place in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Frequently asked questions
No-bake cheesecake will last firm up in the refrigerator within 6 hours. For best results, refrigerate overnight before serving.
A cheesecake is runny when the cream cheese is too warm when being mixed together. Soften the cream cheese just to room temperature and then mix immediately. It also can be runny when it does not have enough refrigeration time to set up. Be sure to allow it to cool for at least 6 hours before serving.
Tips and tricks
– Add more or less shredded coconut depending on how coconut-y you like it.
– Easily make ahead to serve the next day!
– Add any toppings of your choice like fresh berries, cherries, or chocolate drizzle.
More delicious no-bake recipes
- Cherry Cheesecake Marshmallow Fluff– a favorite dessert with only 5 ingredients with cherry pie filling, cheesecake pudding, marshmallows, and cool whip.
- Old-Fashioned Lemon Icebox Pie– a classically sweet dessert full of flavor with tart lemons and sweetened condensed milk and cool whip.
- Puppy Chow Cereal Snack– addictively delicious treat with crunchy Crispix cereal, creamy peanut butter, melted chocolate, and covered in powdered sugar.
No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 sleeve graham crackers around 1 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream optional
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut sweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups mixed berries optional
Graham Cracker Crust
- Finely crush the graham crackers in a food processor or by placing them in a large freezer bag and roll over them with a rolling pin. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a small bowl and then firmly press it into the bottom of a 9-inch square or 11×17 inch rectangular pan. Place in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese for around 3 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until well combined. Gently fold in sour cream and Cool Whip. Stir in shredded coconut and coconut extract until combined.
- Pour filling into the graham cracker crust and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, cut into 12 bars and top with fresh berries or topping of choice. Enjoy!
- Cheesecake is best when stored covered in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Sour cream helps keep the cheesecake moist and gives an added tangy flavor.
- Be sure to allow at least 6 hour of refrigeration before serving for the cheesecake to set up.