This easy Creamy Corn Dip recipe is a party favorite appetizer with corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheese that comes together in just minutes! Make ahead and serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, or crackers!
A party favorite
An easy and delicious appetizer is the best part of a get-together or party! Whether it’s hot and spicy like Buffalo BBQ Chicken Wings, make-ahead like Veggie Pinwheels, or a classic dip like Homemade Guacamole, appetizers are the most talked about and enjoyed part of any social gathering.
This cold Creamy Corn Dip will not disappoint! It’s so good with sweet corn mixed with Mexican spices and tomatoes in creamy sour cream and mayonnaise with extra cheese throughout! Pair it with tortilla chips, corn chips, or a variety of crackers for the ultimate party dip!
- Corn– lots of sweet corn throughout makes this dip so good. This recipe is made with canned corn but frozen or fresh could be used.
- Sour cream and mayonnaise– this makes the dip so creamy!
- Diced tomatoes with green chilies– also known as Rotel, give it some flavor and much need texture. Mild, medium or hot would taste good depending on how spicy you prefer.
- Mexican cheese– this cheese will give it a little extra taco seasoning but Colby or Mild Cheddar would be a similar substitute.
- Taco seasoning
How to make it
This is so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Combine all ingredients. Add corn, sour cream, mayo, diced tomatoes, cheese, taco seasoning, and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Stir it all together. Mix it all together until it is extra creamy.
- Refrigerate or serve. This can be served immediately or refrigerated in a covered air-tight container until ready to serve.
- Store. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing it since it will tend to separate.
Make it spicy! Add jalapenos, use hot tomatoes and green chilies, or add a dash of cayenne.
Switch up the cheese with Sharp Cheddar for an added zip.
If you would like to cut a few calories, try using lite mayo or lite sour cream. While I have not tried these personally, I think it would still produce similar results.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, corn dip can be made 2 days ahead when stored in an air-tight container with similar results.
The corn dip will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Be sure to cover it and place it in an air-tight container.
More delicious appetizers
- Puppy Chow Cereal Snack– an addictively delicious treat with crunchy Crispix cereal, creamy peanut butter, melted chocolate, and covered in powdered sugar.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip– creamy and spicy with only 5 easy ingredients.
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa– tastes so refreshing and zippy with a burst of flavor in every bite.
Best Creamy Corn Dip Recipe (No Cream Cheese)
- 30 ounces canned corn- drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces Rotel- drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 ounce packet of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.