This Easy Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salsa Recipe tastes so refreshing and zippy with a burst of flavor in every bite. It’s easy to scoop up into your favorite tortilla chips or top onto your tacos. Easy to make and yummy to eat any day of the week!
Delicious chips and salsa
The first appetizer everyone goes for at a party is always chips and dip. It’s easy to scoop and snack and you mingle away. This Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salsa is always a hit and the first to run out at the food table. The flavor is refreshing with sweet corn, black beans, and creamy avocadoes with a splash of lime juice to add some needed zip. Plus it’s healthy so there’s no guilt when you go back for seconds! Perfect for Taco Tuesdays, Cinco de Mayo, or any fun party or get-together!
Roma tomatoes: my favorite tomatoes to use in this dish are Roma tomatoes because they are slightly firmer with a bit of crispiness but many different types of tomatoes could be used.
Avocado: since avocado tends to brown easily with oxidation, it’s best to add this when you are ready to serve and squeeze with lime juice. The lime juice will help preserve it once added.
Onion: this recipe calls for red onion but any type would taste fantastic.
Cilantro: I’m heavy-handed with cilantro because it’s my favorite but if it’s not yours, just reduce or eliminate it to your taste preference.
Corn: I always have canned corn ready but if you have fresh, it would taste fantastic! And frozen would work too- just be sure to thaw it out.
Cumin and salt
Lime: if you’re in a pinch and don’t have fresh, use lime juice in a bottle.
How to make it
This is very easy! Dump and mix. That’s all there is to it!
Chop up the ingredients:– Dice the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and avocado.
Mix it all together– Add tomatoes, cilantro, onion, avocado, corn, black beans, salt, and cumin in a bowl and stir it all together. Squeeze the lime juice right over the top.
Enjoy– Scoop it with chips or a spoon and enjoy!
Store this salsa in the refrigerator covered in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. The avocados will start to brown after about 6-8 hours but is still completely edible.
Corn– if corn is in season, fresh corn off the cob would taste so delicious!
Onion– try Vidalia or yellow for a milder taste and white or red for a bolder flavor.
Oil– add a splash of olive or canola oil to make it slightly creamy.
Make it spicy- add some freshly diced jalapeños or a dash of cayenne pepper to give it a nice zip!
How to eat it
The best thing about this salsa is that it can be eaten in a variety of ways!
More delicious appetizers
- Puppy Chow Cereal Snack– an addictively delicious treat with crunchy Crispix cereal, creamy peanut butter, melted chocolate, and covered in powdered sugar.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip– creamy and spicy with only 5 easy ingredients.
- Best Creamy Corn Dip Recipe– a party favorite appetizer with corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheese that comes together in just minutes!
Easy Black Bean Corn & Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 15 oz black beans drained
- 15 oz sweet corn drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime
- Dice tomatoes, onion, avocado, and cilantro and place in a medium-size bowl. Add corn, black beans, cumin, and salt. Squeeze lime juice over the top and mix it all together. Serve immediately.
- Store covered in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Add diced jalapeño for some extra spice.
- Due to oxidation, avocadoes will tend to brown after 6-8 hours.