This creamy and hearty Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is filled with the savory flavors of a traditional pot pie but easily made in the crock pot. Delicious with a buttery biscuit for a warm comforting meal!
Chicken Pot Pie is one of those meals that makes me think of home whenever I take a bite. But I don’t always have the time to make and bake one. That’s why chicken pot pie soup satisfies my craving but is so easy and simple to make. All the favors of a traditional pot pie with savory chicken, carrots, onions, and peas all slowly cooked together to make the most deliciously comforting meal. And dipping a fresh buttery biscuit in the soup gives it that perfect scrumptious taste! This soup is one of the most requested family meals!
- Chicken breasts– I typically use chicken breasts but chicken thighs could easily be used instead.
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Mixed frozen vegetables– frozen, canned or fresh vegetables could be used.
- Garlic powder
- Poultry Seasoning
- Parsley– dried or fresh will taste good.
- Salt & pepper
How to make it
This is a very easy recipe to make. All you have to do is:
Combine– all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix thoroughly and be sure the chicken is completely covered.
Cook– on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove– the chicken from the soup and shred it using two forks. Put the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir it all together.
Serve– with warm biscuits and enjoy!
Store– leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can freeze chicken pot pie soup. Due to the dairy in the cream of chicken soup, the soup may separate and have a different texture when reheated.
Most vegetables would taste great in chicken pot pie soup. This recipe has peas, carrots, and corn but asparagus, potatoes, or cauliflower would also work well.
This soup has a good amount of thickness but if you would like it to be a heartier chowder consistency, add mashed potato flakes or cornstarch. When adding cornstarch, mix together with a little cold water before adding to very hot soup.
Special equipment for this recipe
Slow Cooker– this is the updated version of the one I use and love it! Plus this one has a locking lid which is extra handy!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
More delicious soup recipes
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup– thick and creamy with corn, bacon, and extra cheese!
- Butternut Squash Turkey Chili– a healthy and yummy twist on traditional chili!
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Ranch Tortilla Soup– deliciously filled with chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and Fiesta Ranch seasoning.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10.5 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 onion diced
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, add all the ingredients. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred in a bowl using two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir together.
- Serve with a warm biscuit and enjoy!