3 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies are soft and fluffy, bursting with chocolate chips, and ready to enjoy in less than 20 minutes! The perfect dessert to enjoy all throughout the fall!
Easiest Pumpkin Cookies
When the leaves start to change colors, it’s time for all the fall flavors like comfort soups, warm drinks, and everything pumpkin. Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies are the easiest dessert to enjoy all autumn long. Only 3 ingredients are needed- pumpkin, cake mix, and chocolate chip cookies. Just mix, scoop, and bake! 20 minutes later and you’ll be devouring these sweet soft treats.
- Pumpkin Puree– Pumpkin is the main ingredient that gives it texture and flavor. Be sure to use just pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Spice Cake Mix– This cake mix has the best flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness and spice.
- Chocolate Chips– this could be optional but everything is better with chocolate!
How to Make It
These cookies are so simple to make. All you have to do is:
- Dump pumpkin puree, spice cake mix, and chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Mix it all together until well combined and there are chocolate chips throughout. The dough will be really sticky.
- Scoop onto a lined cookie sheet. The cookies don’t change their shape or spread much when baking and they will bake up round and fluffy. I like my cookies a little flatter so I pushed them down slightly with my hand. The dough is really sticky so this can get a little tricky.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
There are so many ways to switch up this recipe and add-in that would taste delicious! Here are a few I came up with.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, they do not need to be chilled before baking or refrigerated afterward. Bake as directed, allow to cool, and store at room temperature in an air-tight container.
Pumpkin cookies can be eaten for up to 7 days when stored in an air-tight container.
Yes, cookies made with cake mix can be frozen for up to 3 months. Scoop onto a baking pan, flash freeze for an hour, then freeze in an air-tight container or storage bag. Allow to thaw at room temperature when ready to eat.
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a ⭐ review below and tag me @whiskfulcooking on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube!
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 15.25 ounces Spice Cake Mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, cake mix, and chocolate chips until well combined. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough onto the baking sheet. Cookies will not change shape when baking. For flatter cookies, slightly press down on the dough using your fingers.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cooked through. Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.