Rich and creamy 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is a delicious and buttery side dish that requires no prep time and is easily made in the Crock-Pot! The perfect addition for Christmas, Thanksgiving, holidays, or any weeknight meal!
Is there anything more delicious than sweet corn swimming in butter and cream? No there really isn’t! Here in the midwest, corn is a staple side dish for every family meal and get-together. And while living in Texas, I discovered the most amazing creamed corn at Rudy’s Barbeque! So of course I had to replicate it. While the comfort dishes like sweet carrots, mashed potatoes, and pasta salads are so good, there’s just something about creamed corn that’s almost impossible to beat.
This 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is just so simple to make. Combine all the ingredients like corn, butter, and cream cheese into the Crock-Pot and that’s it! No baking, boiling, or sauteing is required. Once it’s finished, you’ll have an ultimate comfort food side dish that pairs perfectly with any Thanksgiving, Christmas, barbeque, or weeknight meal!
Here are a few other comfort food recipes from websites I recommend!
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Corn Flakes– from The Simple Homeplace
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole– from Home Sweet Table
- Dairy Free Eggnog– from The Dairy Free Ginger
- Chickpea Salad– from The Whole Platter
- Corn– I enjoy the saltiness of canned corn in this dish. It is so tender and balances well with the sweetness of the cream and sugar. Of course, fresh sweet corn would taste wonderful in the summer! Frozen could be used as well but I might add a little extra pinch of salt.
- Butter– salted butter tastes best to balance out the sweetness. If you only have unsalted butter, I would add a pinch of salt.
- Cream Cheese– softening the cream cheese helps it to blend better and cook more evenly.
- Milk– the heavier the milk, the thicker and creamier the sauce.
How to make it
This recipe is very easy to make. All you have to do is:
Combine– corn, butter, cream cheese, milk, and sugar in a slow cooker and mix well together.
Cook– on low for about 3-4 hours or until the cream cheese has fully melted. Be sure to stir it one time about 3/4 of the way through to help prevent the corn from burning around the edges.
How to store creamed corn
This creamed corn is best when stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing it because the cream will separate and possibly curdle when reheating which wouldn’t be too pleasant of a texture.
Tips and tricks
* The thicker the milk, the creamier the cream will be.
* Adding a pinch of salt can help balance the sweetness of the cream but be sure not to oversalt.
* Canned, fresh, or frozen corn can be used in this recipe.
Special equipment for this recipe
Slow Cooker– this is the updated version of the one I use and love it! Plus this one has a locking lid which is extra handy!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
More delicious recipes
- Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Carrots– tender baby carrots with a thick and sweet glaze.
- Classic Corn Casserole– a sweet and easy comfort food with very few ingredients.
- Caesar Pasta Salad– full of flavor with crispy lettuce, tomatoes, and a bite of parmesan cheese.
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 3 (15 ounce) cans sweet corn drained
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, add corn, butter, cream cheese, milk, and sugar. Stir together and cover.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the cream cheese has fully melted, stirring one time throughout.
- Enjoy! Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The thicker the milk, the creamier the cream will be.
- Adding a pinch of salt can help balance the sweetness of the cream but be sure not to oversalt.
- Canned, fresh, or frozen corn can be used in this recipe.