This Easy Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Cream is incredibly moist and delicious! Just a few easy steps combining overripe bananas with the secret ingredient of sour cream and you’ll be devouring this amazing bread in no time. The best part is that it’s freezer-friendly and perfect to give as a gift!
Easiest Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread is a gift-giving staple. I’ve given and received so many delicious loaves over the years so I knew I needed to perfect the recipe to make it the best. Not only does it need to be over-the-top delicious, but I knew it had to be easy to make with just a few simple steps. This is the very best banana bread I have ever eaten and I know you will love it too! It is extremely moist and full of flavor. Perfect to enjoy with melted butter over the top for breakfast or as a snack.
- Butter: Salted and unsalted will work for this recipe. If you use unsalted butter, you may want to add more salt. Salt will add balance to sweet flavors and enhance the sweetness. It sounds strange but it actually works!
- Mashed Bananas: 1 cup is needed which usually turns out to be 3 small bananas or 2 large ones.
- Sour Cream: This is what makes the banana bread so moist and flavorful. It seems strange but it’s crucial. I do think that both regular and lite do equally well.
- Cinnamon: It is optional but I think it gives it a good flavor.
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions.
How to Make Banana Bread
- Cream– Start by creaming the butter and sugar together. I think that using softened butter as opposed to melted then makes the bread much fluffier. Then stir in
- Add– Stir in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
- Fold– Gently fold in sour cream.
- Stir– Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and until just combined. This is important. Overmixing the batter can cause it to be too dense so I recommend just barely mixing it together slowly until you don’t see any more dry ingredients. Then you’ll know it’s ready.
- Bake– Pop it into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the middle doesn’t jiggle, a toothpick comes out clean, and the edges start pulling away from the side of the pan.
- Store– Cover in an air-tight container and store at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Is Banana Bread Freezer-Friendly?
Banana bread is very freezer-friendly! Tightly wrap the bread with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer bag removing as much air as possible. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow the bread to that at room temperature or microwave a piece of bread on high for approximately 15-25 seconds.
More Delicious Recipes
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a ⭐ review below and tag me @whiskfulcooking on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line with parchment paper a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Fold in sour cream. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and stir until just combined. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes, or until center is set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan and then transfer bread to a wire rack to completely cool. Slice and enjoy!