These Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas are a one-pan easy breakfast that are filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and extra cheese. Freezer-friendly and perfect for those busy mornings on the go!
This is the perfect breakfast on those busy work or school day mornings. It is so fast to make and simple enough for the kids to help without being too messy. Only 4 ingredients are needed- bacon, egg, cheese, and tortillas. And they taste good when dipped in salsa or guacamole too!
Plus I often make up a big batch of bacon beforehand to freeze so it’s ready to use when I want to make these even faster. They’re quick and easy so we often eat them on the go in the school drop-off line. Even my husband will take one on his way to work. They’re so good!
How to make it
To summarize, all you have to do is:
Cook- bacon. You can do this by pan-frying, baking, air fry, or microwave them. Personally, I like it to be nice and crispy to there’s a crunch when you bite into the quesadilla.
Whisk– together eggs, salt, and pepper, or any seasonings you would like to add.
Cook– on low for 4-6 hours.
Fry– the eggs until almost cooked. You’ll notice the center is still a little soft but it shouldn’t be too runny and the edges are fully cooked.
Add– 1/2 cheese and 1/2 bacon to the eggs. The cheese is the binder to the tortilla. You need cheese so be sure not to skip this.
Place– the tortilla on top of the eggs. Make sure it binds to the eggs so you may want to place your hand on top for a few seconds. Then flip over the tortilla.
Add– the remaining cheese and bacon and fold over in half. Again the cheese is the binder so it’s important that you don’t skip the cheese.
Cook- both sides until the tortilla starts to turn golden brown and the cheese is fully melted.
*See the recipe card at the bottom of the page for detailed instructions.
It’s easy to adjust this recipe to your specific tastes!
Cheese: switch up your cheese with extra-sharp Cheddar, Colby, or Mozzarella.
Seasoning: add any seasonings to your preference. Some of my favorites are Italian seasoning, seasoning salt like Lowry’s, or cajun.
Meat: any meat could be switched out for bacon, such as sausage, ham, or chicken.
Veggies: green peppers, mushrooms, or onions would taste fantastic!
How to freeze quesadillas:
These quesadillas are freezer-friendly! Flash freeze individual quesadillas by laying them on a parchment-lined baking pan for 2 hours. Spread them out evenly so they are not touching. Once hard and semi-frozen, place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat- bake in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees until cooked through. Also, you can reheat in the air fryer at 370 degrees until cooked through.
Special equipment for this recipe
Non-stick Fry Pan– this is the pan I used to make the quesadillas. It cooks evenly, plus it’s a great price!
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
More delicious breakfast recipes
- Cinnamon French Toast Sticks- Texas Toast-sized pieces of bread dipped in an egg mixture, deep-fried, then rolled around in cinnamon-sugar goodness.
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies– so simple to make with only bananas, oats, and sweet chocolate chips.
- Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls– flaky crescent rolls filled with butter and cinnamon sugar that is rolled up into every bite.
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas
- 8 inch flour tortilla
- 2 slices cooked and chopped bacon divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon butter optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- In an 8 or 10" frying pan, melt butter or spray the frying pan with cooking spray on medium-low heat. Add eggs to the pan and coat the bottom of the pan so the eggs are evenly dispersed. Cook until almost fully cooked. The edge of the eggs will be cooked through and the center will still be soft. Sprinkle half the bacon and cheese evenly over the eggs. Place a tortilla on top and adhere it to the eggs and cheese.
- Flip the eggs/tortilla so that the tortilla is now on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the other half of the bacon and cheese over the eggs. Fold in half. Cook both sides of the tortilla until golden brown and the cheese inside has fully melted. Remove from pan.
- Cut the quesadilla with a pizza cutter. Serve and enjoy!