Slow Cooker BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs are so easy to make with only 3 simple ingredients! Perfect as an appetizer for any party or served over meatballs for dinner!
Meatballs are a classic appetizer that is so delicious and kid-friendly! But what is so great about these meatballs is that it is made with only 3 simple ingredients: frozen meatballs, grape jelly, and barbeque sauce. That’s it! It takes seconds to put together in the Crock-Pot and then no more work is required! The barbeque sauce and grape jelly melt together to make this sweet and tangy sauce that is very irresistible! It’s an easy appetizer for any party like Christmas, New Year’s, or a game day. But it is hearty enough to be the main meal. Serve it with sides or on top of mashed potatoes or rice and you’ll have the easiest dinner ever!
- Frozen meatballs– this is what makes this recipe so easy! Both frozen beef or turkey meatballs taste great in this dish. But if you have some fresh meatballs on hand, you can use those too. I would recommend reducing the time to prevent them from burning.
- Grape jelly– jarred or homemade jelly can be used.
- Crispix cereal– any brand of bbq sauce will taste good. Sweet bbq would make it taste extra sweet, vinegar based will give it an extra zip, and spicy will give it exactly that- spice!
How to make it
This is the easiest recipe to make. All you have to do is:
Combine– frozen meatballs, grape jelly, and barbeque sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Stir – everything together well to make sure each meatball is completely covered with the sauce.
Cook– on high for 2-3 hours or on low for about 3-4 hours, stirring once to prevent burning on the edges.
Serve– on warm setting in the slow cooker for up to 3 hours.
How to store bbq grape jelly meatballs
These meatballs are best when stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
They can also be frozen! Just place it in an air-tight container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Tips and tricks
* The meatballs can be left in the slow cooker for up to 3 hours on the warm setting.
*Any brand of bbq sauce or grape jelly will work well.
* Refrigerate any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
More delicious appetizer recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo BBQ Chicken Wings (from frozen)– crispy, juicy, and drenched in a spicy bbq sauce.
- Pepper Jack Cheese Crescent Pigs in a Blanket– melted cheese wrapped around a hot dog in a buttery crescent roll.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip– only 5 ingredients and pair perfectly with chips, pretzels, or celery.
Slow Cooker BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 32 ounce bag frozen meatballs
- 18 ounces grape jelly
- 18 ounces barbeque sauce
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, add meatballs, grape jelly, and barbeque sauce. Stir well to cover each meatball with sauce.
- Cover with a lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 3-4 hours, stirring once halfway through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- The meatballs can be left in the slow cooker for up to 3 hours on the warm setting.
- Any brand of bbq sauce or grape jelly will work well.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.