Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce is perfectly sweet, tangy, and delicious with only 3 ingredients and is super easy to make. Exactly what you need for dipping with chicken strips and pretzels, spreading on a sandwich, or dressing a salad.
The easiest dip and dressing
Nothing quite pairs better with honey mustard than chicken strips. Come to think of it, what doesn’t go with it? Honey mustard tastes great with chicken, fries, salads, and sliders! Little did I realize just how easy and quick it is to make the very best honey mustard. Plus it only involves a couple of ingredients that are pantry staples. So needless to say, this recipe will become your new go-to favorite with no need for the store-bought stuff again.
How to make it
It’s seriously so easy to make, all you have to do is:
Combine– mayo, mustard, honey, and Dijon mustard if you so desire. Yes, that’s it!
Variations of honey mustard
There are several different ways to switch up this sauce.
- Try adding more Dijon mustard and less regular mustard for a more vinegar and zippy taste.
- Add cayenne pepper to make it spicy.
- Mix it with bbq sauce for a sweet and tangy combination.
- Lighten it up with lite or non-fat mayo.
This honey mustard will last up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Place it in an airtight container or glass jar. I don’t recommend freezing due to the mayo, which would cause it to separate and not taste quite the same.
What goes with honey mustard sauce?
Honey mustard is great for dipping or glazing with meats like chicken or pork, dipped with pretzels or veggies like carrots, broccoli, or Air Fryer Cauliflower, perfect to spread on a sandwich like grilled or breaded chicken and burgers, and fantastic when dressed on a garden salad.
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard optional
- Mix together all ingredients well and serve!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
- add a pinch of cayenne or 1 tbsp horseradish to add a little extra kick