Cranberry Feta Pinwheels with Cream Cheese are a festive appetizer that is full of sweet and savory flavors. Quick to make ahead for any get-together or holiday.
Sweet and savory appetizer
Appetizers are best when they are easy to make and can be made ahead. This Cranberry Feta Pinwheel recipe is perfect for a quick and delicious make-ahead treat. It is made with only 5 simple ingredients, needs no cook time, and is festive enough to enjoy for the holidays.
- Spinach or flour tortillas– only four 8″ tortillas are needed. For a festive look, use spinach tortillas. The contrasting colors of the green tortilla with the red cranberries look so appealing.
- Cranberries– sweet-tart dried cranberries taste really delicious in the cream cheese mixture.
- Feta cheese– crumbled feta cheese gives a nice balance of flavor between sweet and savory.
- Cream cheese– this is the main component of the filling to blend all the flavors together. Be sure that it is softened so that it is easier to spread on the tortilla.
- Green onions– this gives the delicious flavor and color needed in these pinwheels. Chives are a good substitute.
- White sugar– adds a little extra sweetness to the cheese filling but is completely optional. For a more savory taste, leave this out.
This appetizer is easy to make. All you have to do is:
- Make the filling- start by beating the cream cheese in a bowl with a hand mixer or by hand. This will help make it easier to mix and spread on the tortilla. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir it all together.
- Assemble the pinwheels– using a spatula or spoon, spread 1/4 of the filling mixture over the entire surface of the tortilla but leave an inch border on all sides. This helps keep the filling inside the tortilla. Take one side and tightly roll up the tortilla. Continue with the other 3 tortillas. Then wrap each tortilla is cling wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour to help the filling mixture to firm up.
- Cut and serve– once the tortillas are cold and firm, remove the cling wrap. Using a serrated knife, cut each tortilla into 1″ slices. You will have around 8 slices per tortilla. Serve and enjoy!
- See the printable recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
Make ahead option
These rollups are perfect to make ahead! It will help the tortilla firm up so that it keeps its shape once it is sliced. Just mix together the filling, roll up the tortillas, and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour or up to 24 hours ahead of time. Slice them up when you’re ready to serve.
Frequently asked questions
Once made and sliced, the pinwheels should be covered in an air-tight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yes, these cranberry pinwheels need to be served cold since they are made with cream cheese.
Tips and tricks
* For best results, refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before slicing. This will help the pinwheel keep its shape.
* Allow 1″ around the outside edge of the tortilla to help prevent the filling from overflowing while rolling it up.
* Cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese both taste delicious in this recipe.
More delicious appetizers
- Veggie Ranch Pizza Pinwheels– all the delicious flavors of a veggie pizza rolled up in a tortilla and loaded with fresh vegetables and a creamy ranch spread.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Grape Jelly Meatballs– easy to make with only 3 simple ingredients!
- Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce– combines tart cranberries with sweet apple cider making a perfect complement to your holiday dish!
Cranberry Feta Pinwheels with Cream Cheese
- 4 8-inch spinach or flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer or by hand until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- For each tortilla: spread 1/4 cup of the filling mixture evenly over the surface of the tortilla leaving an inch border around all the sides. Tightly roll up each tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and cut into one-inch slices using a serrated knife. Serve and enjoy!
- For best results, refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before slicing. This will help the pinwheel keep its shape.
- Allow 1″ around the outside edge of the tortilla to help prevent the filling from overflowing while rolling it up.