This Easy Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad recipe is full of flavor with fire-roasted corn, bowtie pasta, and a creamy chili lime dressing. A popular side dish for any cookout, Cinco de Mayo celebration, or weeknight meal!
Favorite Pasta Salad
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is a fun and flavorful side dish popular at any get-together. This delicious pasta salad is filled with bowtie pasta, and fire-roasted canned corn, then topped with Queso Fresco. The chili lime dressing is so creamy and brings all the flavors together. This dish is always a crowd favorite at any Cinco de Mayo celebration or family gathering. Not only is it popular but it is easy to make too!
- Fire-roasted corn– Using canned corn makes this recipe so easy! If you are unable to find fire-roasted canned corn, regular corn will taste good too. And of course, you can use 2-3 ears of fresh corn off the cob.
- Pasta– Try any shape of pasta you enjoy like macaroni, rotini, or shell.
- Queso Fresco Cheese– A good crumbly cheese to mix in the dish. Feta or Cojita cheese are perfect substitutes.
- Mayo and Sour Cream– This combination gives the creamiest flavor to the dressing.
- Lime juice– Use one whole lime squeezed or 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Green onions
- Salt and Pepper
This pasta salad is easy to make. All you have to do is:
- Prepare pasta: Cook the pasta until al dente and then rinse it with cold water.
- Make the dressing: Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, garlic powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper together until creamy.
- Assemble the pasta salad: Add the cooled pasta, corn, green onions, cilantro, and queso fresco cheese to a large bowl. Then pour in the dressing and mix until the dressing is evenly covering the pasta and corn. Sprinkle a little more cheese and cilantro on top for garnish. Enjoy!
To store leftovers of the Mexican Pasta Salad, cover in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Take note that after a few hours, the pasta will absorb some of the liquid. The texture will change and become softer but it is still delicious. You can add a little extra mayonnaise, sour cream, or lime juice if it becomes dry or needs to freshen up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! 3-4 ears of freshly cooked corn off the cob can be substituted for canned corn.
Yes, this pasta salad can be made up to 3 hours before serving for best results and flavor. After that, the pasta starts to become softer as the liquid is absorbed.
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is typically served cold but can also be served heated at room temperature.
Easy Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta or any shape
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fire-roasted corn drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled Queso Fresco or Cojita cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil and cook the pasta according to the directions on the box until al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Pour pasta into a large bowl. Add corn, queso fresco cheese, green onions, and cilantro, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the corn and pasta mixture and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with a little more cheese and cilantro right before serving. Enjoy!